6.26.2015

LET THEM EAT CAKE

Happy Friday! Where did this week go? I'm a little late on this week's blog post so sorry for that, but here it is! We are gonna talk about cakes...and not just any cakes but some of the most gorgeous cakes I've ever seen.

So, the other day I was chatting with a friend who is getting married and we were talking through all the fun details of her wedding and I sent her some of my favorite cake artists...and they are definitely artists! As I was pulling links to each of their websites I totally started SWOONING over these beautiful creations. These are too good not to share with you all!

Image via Maggie Austin
Maggie Austin - She has to be my most favorite cake artist. I could probably do a whole blog post on all of her cakes and it was too hard to just narrow it down to just one example to share with you. I'm simply captivated by her haute couture style and every attention to detail. I'm just in awe over the hand painted stained glass and the fondant ruffles. And those sugar flowers! Stunning!


Image via Cake Ink
Cake Ink - Creators Janelle (cake) and Samone (ink) specialize in custom handmade cakes and stationery so not only can they create you a stunning cake but they can also whip up some beautiful stationery to go with it...two of my favorite things! And I am obsessed with gold leaf cakes right now so it's on the top of my list of things I must try myself in one of my own little cake designs.


Image via The Caketress
The Caketress - This beauty is from Lori Hutchinson's Runway Inspired Collection and the design was inspired by Valentino's Pastel Rockstud shoes and purses. What a wonderful cake for the fashionista at heart!


Image via Cake Whisperer
Cake Whisperer - I feel like I just stepped into an enchanted garden when I see this cake. What beautiful sugar work and of course I love the gold marbling on the bottom tier!


Image via Sweet Bakes
Sweet Bakes - I love when cake artists pull inspiration from other materials such as this gorgeous marble fondant cake. So elegant!


Image via Sweet Sugar Boy Ed
Sweet Sugar Boy Ed - I love rainbows. I love sprinkles. And I love sugar flowers inspired by rainbows!


Image via Unbirthday
Unbirthday - Nikki Lee creates some of the most bold and fabulous cakes! Her cakes are styled with a signature chocolate crown and she offers cakes that can be adorned with macaroons, candy confections, candy bars, gold-dusted cherries, swiss meringues, caramel popcorn, fresh fruit and edible flowers. It's an entire dessert bar in one brilliant display!


Image via Broken Tart
Broken Tart - Not all cakes need to be covered in fondant and gold leaf or sugar flowers to be breathtaking. I love the cake designs by Broken Tart for their natural and raw but yet elegant style. I've heard wonderful things about their cake flavors and they are located in Chicago which is only a few hours from me. Next time I'm in the city I HAVE to go for a visit and taste-test their beautiful cakes myself!


Alright, who's ready for cake?! I hope you've enjoyed some of my favorite cake inspirations this week and next week on the blog I think I will post a little fun cocktail recipe in honor of the upcoming Fourth of July holiday. Talk to you all next week!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...